Relaxed Performances are open to anyone and aim to reduce anxiety around theatre visits to help everyone have an enjoyable time. They may benefit people with sensory or communication difficulties, or a learning disability.
There is a more informal atmosphere in the auditorium and features include:
- Before your visit you will receive a visual story which includes an outline of the plot
- The lights in the auditorium will remain on during the performance
- You can make noise during the performance
- You can leave and re-enter the auditorium as you need
- If you want to leave the auditorium there is a chill out space available*
- The sound and lighting are adapted to reduce the volume and remove flashing lighting effects
- Ear defenders are available if the sound is too loud. These can be collected at the Box Office*
*Please note that these provisions may not be available at all tour venues. Contact the venue you wish to visit directly to find out more.