Northern Ballet is a powerhouse for inventive dance; raising the profile of ballet in the UK, expanding and challenging people’s perceptions of ballet and performing in places that otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity to experience world class dance. Our Academy inspires the dancers of tomorrow in the only specialised classical ballet Centre for Advanced Training in the UK.
We are seeking to appoint Academy Student Support Team Members (Casual), to join the Academy Team. The aim of our student support team is to aid the smooth running of the Academy, chaperoning students to and from studios, observing classes and acting as the link between office staff, our reception team and students/parents.
- Salary: In line with National Living/Minimum Wage, dependant on age
- Core hours to be offered on a flexible basis; usually 1-2 shifts per week, in line with current staffing and availability. Hours will fall between the times below on agreed dates;
- Monday – Friday appx. 16:00-20:30, Saturday appx. 9.00 – 18:00, Sunday appx. 9:00-13:30
- Additional hours available during intensive training periods throughout the Academic year
- Additional hours to be allocated by the Open Programme Manager
- The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
- Closing date for applications: 21 August 2022
- Interviews will take place in Leeds early September
- Start date: As soon as possible, however this can be discussed with the successful candidate
A copy of the full job description is below. To apply, please begin by completing the application questions also found below. Once you have completed the questions, you should submit them, along with your CV and covering letter, through our online portal. Failure to submit all three documents will result in us not being able to consider your application. If you any difficulties in submitting your documents, please contact email@example.com.
Please also complete our equal opportunities monitoring form.
Northern Ballet drives to understand, respect, and champion diversity in all its forms and believes in embracing diversity within our workforce repertoire and practices. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from groups who are under-represented in our organisation. This includes, but is not limited to, people of African or Caribbean heritage, people of South, East and South East Asian heritage, and disabled people.